It may seem that the wedding dress has been around since the first two people who got married – but the truth may be more surprising than you think…
Are you interested in finding out more about the history of the white wedding dress? Read on!
• Shockingly enough, the white wedding dress was an actually daring and unconventional move made by Queen Victoria about two centuries ago. Before her, most wedding dresses were colorful and very ornate – but she chose to make a statement of simplicity, purity, and innocence by wearing a white dress.
• Slowly, the white dress started to be adopted around the Western Hemisphere as the number one (and frequently the only) choice there was. These days, most brides choose to wear white on their wedding day, even if it is not compulsory anymore.
• There are a lot of reasons that push brides into picking the white wedding dress over any other color. One of the most common reasons is connected to being traditional and conventional on a very formal day of your life.
• Other reasons include the symbolism of the color itself. In the beginning, the white wedding dress was associated with the purity of the bride, but these days most people associate it with the purity of love itself.
• Last, but definitely not least, white is a truly stunning choice for a happy woman who walks down the aisle, ready to spell out the two most important words ever: I Do.
Looking for a very elegant wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and come visit us as soon as possible! Our uniquely classy venue, the carefully manicured gardens, and everything we have are here for you, to help you have a truly fantastic wedding dat. Contact us today and come see for yourself!