Alcohol and weddings are very frequently associated – but truly, there might be a thousand reason a couple may not want to serve as much alcohol at their wedding, beginning with the fact that too much alcohol can lead to disastrous situations and ending with the fact that it might go against their lifestyle or beliefs.
So what should you do if that’s you? Is it acceptable, for example, to serve a smaller, limited amount of alcohol at your wedding?
We have some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more about this.
- Yes, it is certainly OK to serve a small amount of alcohol at your wedding. If you are doing this because you are worried about guests having one too many and leading to awkward situations, simply limit the bar to a few types of drinks, and limit their quantities as well.
- It is also OK to not serve alcohol at all. For instance, if you have recovering alcoholics in your immediate family and would like to make things easier for them, you are totally free not to serve alcohol. If you decide to go this way, be sure you let your guests know right from the beginning in your invitation’s details card (or through your wedding website, for that matter).
- One of the most elegant ways to tackle this problem is by opting to have an earlier daytime wedding. With a late morning or early afternoon reception, you can actually get away with serving no drinks or just a few light cocktails. Your guests won’t even notice!
- In the end, the alcohol question is a decision you have to make as a couple. Yes, guests might get cranky and odd about not being served alcohol (or not enough) – but when the disadvantages outweigh the benefits, it is totally worth it to follow your instinct and your gut feeling.
- If you decide to remove the alcohol from your wedding, be sure you replace it with delicious alternatives like mocktails instead – they can taste absolutely amazing, and they can make a lot of guests happy!
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Colorado? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who help you host the single most magical event of your life. Contact us and allow us to be the ones who help you have a dream wedding!