We’re sure you’re putting all of your time and effort into planning the perfect wedding day. Yet, no matter how much you plan, and no matter how much you read about it, there are still quite a lot of things people simply…forget about.
What are the less common, but monumentally important wedding planning tips to keep in mind? Read on and find out more.
- Things might feel absolutely crazy – and that’s fine, most couples go through this at one point during their Big Day. If you feel it’s just too much to take, push the “pause” button and go talk to an old friend. Listen to what they have to say and “tear” yourself from the wedding-related topics for 10-15 minutes. It will refresh your thinking and refill your batteries!
- A lot of people will give speeches at your wedding – and it is very important that each and every one of them is “briefed” before the Big Day. This way, you will help them avoid any kind of stories or anecdotes that might offend the other guests present at the wedding.
- It’s really OK to assign someone to “steal” you from conversations that are too long. People will want to talk to you – and it is more than alright to spend a couple of minutes at each table, smile, take pictures, and be generally polite. But when these discussions are stealing precious wedding time from you, it is very important to be “saved” from them. Assign a bridesmaid to always come and politely take you away when you encounter these situations.
Looking for a really beautiful wedding venue in Denver? Stonebrook Manor is here to help you have a more than fabulous wedding day! Contact us, come visit us, and book us for the biggest, brightest, and most unforgettable day of your entire life!
Nobody likes talking about money, especially when it comes to events that are supposed to be all about happiness and beauty – like weddings, for example. However, the sad truth is that your wedding budget does matter more than most people would like to agree – and with the high price of organizing such an event, it is perfectly understandable if you want to save some money.
Following, we have gathered some of the very best wedding budget tips to help you save as much as possible – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Don’t go the DIY route – or at least not entirely. Contrary to the popular belief, DIY weddings are not even by far less expensive than “normal” weddings. In fact, they very frequently turn out to be pricier – not to mention that they are a lot more time-consuming (and potentially more stressful too).
- Replace blooms with greenery – entirely, or at least partially. Greenery is a really hot trend right now and it can look absolutely amazing when used the right way. Plus, it’s a really nice way to show the world you are really serious about your environmental friendliness (because, yes, some types of greenery can be either re-planted or offered as favors in adorable pots).
- Splurge – but only on those items that matter most to you. Some couples care about the food, others are more about the décor. Sit down with your fiancé and discuss those items you really, really want to include in your Big Day (and in big style too, of course). Splurge on those items, and save on everything else – it will create the perfect blend between an event that makes you happy and one that doesn’t leave you with a serious hole in your finances!
Searching for a fantastic wedding venue in Denver? Come visit Stonebrook Manor and allow yourself to be truly charmed by what we offer here: elegance, quality services, and unforgettable memories. Book your tour today!
Brides are usually so stressed out on their wedding day that it has become almost like a tradition to not fully enjoy this special event in your life. The great news? Things really don’t have to be this way – not even remotely. And yes, you can totally stay calm on the wedding day – following, we have gathered some tips to help you precisely with this.
• Are some traditions making you feel anxious? Simply skip them. If you feel awkward, stressed out, or anxious over any of the “established” wedding etiquette rules, skip them. Just a few of them still make sense today, so there’s no point in following a custom that doesn’t make you feel good (and even more, can be replaced with something more comfortable for everyone involved).
• You are with your friends and family – not strangers, and most definitely not anyone who wants to take down all of your wedding decisions. The whole point of the entire event is to feel happy – so put a smile on and enjoy yourself together with your closest friends and relatives.
• Having trouble with the wedding planning? You have an entire wedding party, an army of family members, and a loving fiancé – all ready to help. All you need to do is actually talk to them – yes, it is as simple as that.
• Don’t dedicate your entire life to wedding planning. Your engagement is a special time in your life – and the wedding will only last for a night, after all. Enjoy some quality time with your friends and with your loved one – you really don’t need to spend every minute of your pre-wedding life planning the big event…
Still looking for the perfect wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor right now and come see what we offer – you will LOVE it here!
Your First-Dance as husband and wife has to be memorable – and the song you choose plays a very big role in this. What are some of the most genius First-Dance songs to inspire you for the Big Day? Here are some of our favorites:
- Jon Bon Jovi’s Always. Definitely one of the most romantic songs in the history of rock ballads, Always is a true declaration of love for those of you who really like the genre.
- Elvis Presley’s Can’t Help Falling in Love. This is an absolute classic that will make everyone’s hearts melt away. Choose it especially if you are a bit more traditional and you want your First Dance to be elegant and romantic too.
- Frank Sinatra’s Fly Me to the Moon. Even more classy and romantic, this is the kind of song that truly encompasses what love is all about.
- The Beatles’ In My Life. Another all-time favorite of weddings, In My Life is a sweet choice with a vintage touch perfect for those old-school romantics out there.
- Coldplay’s Sparks. If you are passionate and romantic at the same time, Sparks is a great choice for you. Add some sparklers to the “mix” and your guests will find your First Dance to be simply unforgettable!
- Oasis’ Wonderwall. Cute, youthful and full of energy, this is the kind of song a “quirky” couple will love for their First-Dance.
- Queen’s You’re My Best Friend. Nobody does it better than Freddie Mercury and people who are fans of his music know this very well. If you would like to bring some romantic Queen into your wedding too, this is the perfect song for that.
- Joe Cocker’s You Are so Beautiful. Our loved ones are always the most beautiful people in the world. Why not show this to your special someone as you “waltz” away on your First-Dance?
- Beyoncé and Jay Z’s Crazy in Love. If you would like your First-Dance to be a bit more modern, this would be a wonderful choice. After all, what other love story is more inspiring than that of Beyoncé and Jay Z?
- Bruno Mars’ Marry You. We think the message in this one is more than clear. A fun, romantic song that will work perfectly with the occasion!
Still searching for a beautiful wedding venue to host your Big Day? Come visit Stonebrook Manor in Denver. We guarantee you will love every single inch of our wedding venue!
Picking the right wedding date is crucial – including from the point of view of finding a less expensive day for your wedding too. Even more than that, it will influence how many people are able to attend your wedding. Also, it will influence the type of décor you want to settle on and it will even influence what kinds of foods will work best as well.
If you are running on a tighter budget, Memorial Day would be a great option for you. Why is that? Read on and find out more.
- In general, Saturdays are the most “crowded” days of the week when it comes to weddings. Thus, they are the most expensive ones as well. If you want to save money on your wedding, you should avoid hosting it on Saturday.
- At the same time though, most guests are not able to attend a wedding that falls on Sunday because they have to go back to work on Monday. Even more, if the location of the wedding is too far from them, the chances they actually come to the wedding drop significantly.
- This year, Memorial Day falls on Monday, 25th of May. This means that most of the people will have their Sunday off – and it also means that you can host the perfect Memorial Day wedding too.
- Moreover, you can even center parts of the wedding around this holiday too – and this works even more if your future husband or someone in your family is in the service.
If you are searching for a gorgeous venue for your Big Day, make sure to check with what Stonebrook Manor has to offer. Beautiful, elegant and flawless, our wedding venue will be absolutely perfect for this important day in your life!
Many of you may ask yourselves “who should be invited to the rehearsal dinner?” – and truth be told, this is a completely legit question regardless of how you look at it. If you want to find out more about what wedding etiquette has to say about who should be invited to the rehearsal dinner, make sure to read on because we have gathered some helpful tips.
- You don’t have to invite everyone at the wedding reception to the rehearsal dinner too. In general, just members of the wedding party, parents and the officiant are invited to this dinner (and most of the times the officiant will not actually attend it).
- Also, you should invite out-of-town guests as well. This is the polite thing to do if they are already in town by the time you have your rehearsal dinner. Even more than that, it can be a wonderful way to welcome them as well.
- Keep in mind that the rehearsal dinner does not have to be as formal as the actual wedding reception. In fact, it is perfectly acceptable that you have a very informal rehearsal dinner (even over barbecue and beers). The main purpose of this dinner is to relax a bit and to plan the speeches so you shouldn’t stress too much over how formal or informal it is.
- Also, remember that you don’t have to actually wear white either. Depending on the location, a simple cocktail dress or a summer dress will be more than fine for your outfit.
Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens is a gorgeous wedding venue in Denver and you should definitely check us out if you haven’t booked your venue just yet! Elegant, unique and stylish, our wedding venue always makes for unforgettable days and beautiful memories!
Kids are a true blessing wherever they go – and when they are invited at weddings, they always bring a wonderful wave of positive energy with them. If you have invited kids at your wedding too and if you are wondering whether or not you should offer kid-friendly wedding favors, make sure to read on and find out more:
- It is not absolutely necessary that you make special kid-friendly wedding favors, especially if the favors are suitable for kids too (such as edible treats, for example). However, you might want to take this into consideration because it is a really wonderful way to show them and their parents that you really appreciate their presence at your wedding.
- Offering kid-friendly wedding favors is also a great way of bringing the little ones on your side and trying to keep them away from getting in trouble. For example, if you offer wedding favors that keep the kids busy (such as little toys, coloring/activity books, and so on), they will be kept busy throughout the entire wedding.
- Offering kid-friendly wedding favors is truly inexpensive and there are ideas that might actually cost much less than the favors you buy for the adult guests. With a bit of creativity, you can come up with some really inexpensive and absolutely cute ideas the little ones will love.
- There are a lot of wedding favors that work wonderfully with kids: activity books, single-use cameras, sand toys (if you plan on having a beach wedding for example), mini-caramel apples, S’mores and so on. You just need to pick something that is kid-friendly and works well with your wedding theme too!
Stonebrook Manor is a gorgeous Denver wedding venue you will absolutely love as soon as you set foot here. If you haven’t decided on a wedding venue just yet, make sure to contact us and to come and visit our option! You will definitely love what we can offer!
Obviously, your wedding day is all yours – but even so, having the right “special ladies” by your side when you say “I Do” can have a great importance. There are many things brides forget to consider when choosing bridesmaids, though – and if you want everything to be perfect for everyone, you should definitely keep these things in mind.
What are the most important things to remember when choosing bridesmaids? Read on and find out more.
- You should talk to your future spouse too. He may not be the one who will actually pick the bridesmaids, but he should at least agree with their number. Even if he will not have the same number of groomsmen (which, yes, is more than allowed), it is still a good idea to check with him first.
- In general, you should have one bridesmaid for each 20 guests. However, this rule is not fully “pinned down”, so you can have as many (or as few) bridesmaids as you need to. Whatever you do though, don’t settle for a number just because “wedding etiquette” asks for it. After all, this is your Big Day and you should be the one who is the happiest about it.
- Last, but definitely not least, you should be prepared to hear some “No’s” as well. Some of your friends may simply not have the time to be your bridesmaids, while others may not be able to afford it – and regardless of what their reasons may be, you should be understanding of it.
Here at Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens, we always host weddings that are incredibly beautiful. As one of the leading wedding venues in Denver, we truly give our best so that our brides and grooms get the wedding they truly deserve – and if you want to be among them, you should definitely contact us as soon as possible!
If you have been tasked to plan your friend’s bridal shower (or if you simply want to defy “tradition” and plan your own bridal shower), you will definitely want for it to be amazing. The good news is that with the sunny weather outside you really throw a fabulous outdoor bridal shower that’s more than unforgettable – and if you are looking for tips for this, you should definitely check out with the following ideas:
- It is essential that you start planning for the bridal shower as soon as possible. Even if this is not the actual wedding, it is still an important event in a bride’s timeline and giving it some serious thinking will result in the kind of party nobody will ever forget.
- You don’t need a lot of money to plan something that’s really impressive. In fact, as long as you use seasonal flowers (bought from the market, and not necessarily from actual wedding florists) and as long as you create a menu based on seasonal foods, you have all chances to plan a gorgeous outdoor bridal shower even if you are on a tight budget.
- Don’t forget to set on a theme before you even start planning anything. This way, you will be able to bring everything together in a harmonious and elegant way and the guests will be more than impressed. Even if you cannot settle on a very specific theme, you should at least think of a color scheme to base everything on because this will add a touch of style to your shower.
If you or your friend are still looking for the perfect wedding venue, come visit Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens. We would be more than delighted to host the most beautiful day of your life – and we promise you will not regret having chosen us!
If you are like the vast majority of the brides-to-be out there, the flowers for your bouquet are almost as important as the wedding dress you will wear on the Big Day. Thus, you will give it some careful consideration before you tell your florist about your idea.
If you are searching for some really unique wedding bouquet tips, make sure to read on. We have gathered 3 beautiful, yet “under-the-radar” flowers that would look amazing in your bridal bouquet – and they will definitely inspire you to create something that is 100% unique.
- If you have always wanted small, pretty flowers to be incorporated in your bouquet and not lose their delicate appeal, stock is the perfect choice for you. Combine it with lush, oversized peonies and it will look stunning.
- Wild flowers. Every bride has her own style – and if you want to “wear” a bouquet that’s made out of wild flowers instead of the more “traditional” ones, that’s perfectly fine. Beautiful, unforgettable and truly bold, wild flowers can make for romantic bouquets that work perfectly with outdoor, summer weddings. Plus, wild flowers tend to be less expensive and extremely versatile too, so you have plenty of options when it comes to them!
- Small Spring flower bouquets. There are so many wonderful Spring flowers that are really beautiful and delicate and inexpensive too. If you plan on having a Spring wedding, do not hesitate going for something less “traditional” such as lilies or lilac, for example.
Here at Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens, we love weddings no matter what flowers are used for their décor. Versatile and yet extremely elegant, our wedding venue is here for your Big Day – so make sure to come and see it in person! We guarantee you will NOT regret having chosen us!