Whether or not most wedding traditions should be followed is a discussion that’s been going on for quite some time now – and the only conclusion we all reach is that it depends.
It depends on whether or not those traditions are meant to protect you and your guests from feeling offended. And, at the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you actually like them.
For instance, is a bouquet toss actually necessary? Everyone’s doing it – but should you do it too?
Here are some tips to help you decide!
- This tradition originated in England, where wedding guests tried to get a piece of the bride’s attire with them, in hope that it will bring them good luck. Sometimes, this meant tearing flowers off her bouquet, but sometimes it actually meant tearing small pieces of her wedding dress.
- These days, the tradition has mostly lost its meaning. Of course, the bouquet is tossed for good luck in love – but generally, most people just do it for the fun of it. And it is quite fun! This kind of moment can bring energy to your dance floor and it can generate a good amount of laughter and smiles – which is actually absolutely perfect.
- However, if you feel that this kind of wedding moment doesn’t suit your style, or if you feel that the ladies you call out might feel awkward (precisely because you call out the single ladies), you can definitely skip this tradition. Only about a half of the brides and grooms choose to incorporate this in their wedding – and if you have your motivation, you can absolutely leave this custom aside. Nobody will actually mind it!
- If you want to replace the traditional bouquet toss, you can go the opposite way and call out someone who has been in a relationship/ married for a long time and hand them down your bouquet. You can do this with the most elderly couple at your wedding, for instance – it’s such a nice way to honor their love story!
Looking for a fabulous wedding venue in Denver? Our manicured gardens and our splendid, elegant interiors are waiting for you. Contact Sonebrook Manor right now and come visit our wedding venue – we guarantee you will be charmed by its uniqueness and elegance. We guarantee you will want to book us for your Big Day!
As the New Year kicks in, we all reflect upon the year that passed and look forward in hope to the year that has just started.
If you are getting married in 2019, you know this is bound to be one of the very best and most magical years of your life – but what are some of the resolutions you should make as a bride-to-be for the year ahead of you?
We have some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Learn to compromise. This is not just for your wedding planning – it’s for the marriage you’re about to start building. If there are two not-so-secret ingredients to any successful relationship, then those are communication and compromise. And it all starts with the way you choose to plan your wedding. Talk about every element with your fiancé – and when you don’t fully agree, learn to compromise and find a middle ground solution that will keep both of you happy. Take this as “training” for the life you will start building together!
- Learn to move past stress. Yes, wedding planning is stressful and we don’t want to lie about it. However, whenever times get rough, it is important to remember why you are doing this – because you love each other and because you want to start your lives together with a beautiful day filled with emotion, beauty, and grace. The napkins may not have the color you initially wanted, and the blooms you dreamed of for your wedding day may not be available in the season (or at least not at their normal price) – but these are just details. They make the wedding day pretty, sure – beyond all of this though, what is important is that you two are ready to commit to each other for the rest of your lives. And that’s all that matters, in the end.
- Learn to take breaks. Really, wedding planning doesn’t have to feel like a constant race against the clock. The more stressed out you are, the more likely it is that you will make mistakes. Learn to sit back and relax from time to time. Take your loved one for a trip out of town. Go out with your besties and just have fun, don’t talk about the wedding. Snuggle in bed and watch an entire season of Friends for the umpteenth time. Relax and enjoy your engagement, because this is one of the most beautiful times of your life!
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and come take a look at what we offer here! Contact us and come plan your dream wedding with us!
As a bride, you want your bridal bouquet to look flawless – because, at the end of the day, this is more than just an accessory. It is a symbol, a mark of beauty, and part of the look you will adopt for the most amazing and unforgettable day of your entire life.
As one of the most popular wedding flower of all times, roses are a truly magnificent choice for every type of bridal bouquet. No matter how elegant or casual you want your wedding to be, you will definitely appreciate the grace and romanticism of roses included in your bouquet.
What are some of the most beautiful rose ideas for your bridal bouquet? Read on and find your inspiration:
- Orange poppies and peach roses. This bouquet combination would be absolutely perfect for a rustic chic bride who wants to embrace warm hues for her wedding day. Delicate and romantic at the same time, wild and tamed, elegant and casual, this bouquet is bound to attract everyone’s attention – and if you ask for a “messy” arrangement, it will definitely WOW everyone with its power and beauty.
- White roses and dahlias. Planning a fall wedding next year? How about a gentle bridal bouquet made out of white roses and white dahlias? For a bit of uniqueness, you can ask for dahlias of different sizes – the combination will add texture and originality to the bouquet, making it stand out beautifully (despite being monochromatic).
- Two types of roses and peonies. If you are a classic, romantic bride, nothing will beat a bouquet based on just roses. Pick soft colors and combine them with white for a delicate appearance. Also, ask your florist to combine roses with garden roses and to pop one or two stems of peonies into the mix as well – it can make all the difference in the world in terms of structure and look!
- Roses, olive branches, and anemonae. If you are looking for a very special bouquet based on roses, ask your florist to bring together some rose stems in different colors, olive branches, anemonae, and to coordinate them with pieces like scabiosa and spirea – it will look absolutely stunning!
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Denver? Come check out Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who help you host the most fantastic wedding your guests have ever been to!
Your wedding deserves to be nothing less than amazing – the kind of wedding everyone will remember not just one month from now, but a decade from now as well.
While your dress, the décor, and sentimental details do matter a lot, it is also very important to make sure your entertainment is right on point as well.
Aside from music, what other fun ideas can you include in your Big Day?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Create a cake buffet. Aside from your main cake, ask your mothers and your closest friends to bake their favorite cake and bring it to the wedding. Doing this will not only give everyone a wide range of options to choose from, but it will also make your closest relatives and friends feel more involved in the wedding. Plus, this can be a really sentimental idea as well – so it’s a real win-win on all ends.
- Create a ballroom dance moment. If you want your wedding to feel grand and elegant, but not necessarily want to dance alone, invite all the couples to waltz off into the sound of music with you. It can create such a nice, romantic moment – and it will definitely make everyone feel really involved in the Big Day!
- Bring in singing waiters. Want to add a really fun moment to your dinner? Hire a band of singing waiters – one minute they will be serving the delicious foods and the second one they will be singing a nice ballad to make your dinner feel even better. This is a nice surprise for guests of all ages, so everyone’s bound to appreciate it!
- Organize a mini karaoke party. Why not make the guests themselves sing? Karaoke parties have a special charm of their own and they are always really fun – so organizing a short contest to see who’s voted the best singer in the room is bound to attract everyone. Don’t forget to offer a small prize as well!
Looking for a lovely wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who help you host the kind of Big Day guests will never forget. Contact us and we guarantee you will absolutely love every second of your wedding spent under our roof!
For most couples, their wedding cake is more than just dessert – it’s an integral part of their wedding vibe, their wedding décor, and the meaningfulness behind every single choice connected to their Big Day.
If you too are that kind of bride and groom, you definitely want to make sure your wedding cake is fully coordinated with your wedding venue – and following, we have gathered some ideas on how you could do that. Read on and find out more.
- Vineyard venue. This type of weddings is quite popular with couples who want their wedding to feel sophisticated and perfectly casual at the same time. The best type of wedding cake for a vineyard wedding? A cake decorated with fresh fruit, of course! And if you want to be unconventional, you could always settle for a cheese tower instead (coordinated, of course, with the finest grapes and nuts).
- Urban venue. Planning a wedding in the city? One of the best cakes you can choose for this type of wedding is the marble-patterned one. This was a pretty big trend in 2017 and 2018, but given how unique it looks, it’s bound to trespass the boundary between years and stay fashionable in 2019 as well. Truly, this kind of cake can win hearts in the blink of an eye!
- Garden venue. Garden weddings may seem very far away – but the truth is that we’re only a few months away from the warm season, so if you’re planning a garden wedding for this spring or summer, you should definitely start thinking of the right cake. Our suggestion is a cake decorated with fresh greenery and/or flowers to suit the surroundings – you literally cannot go wrong with this!
- Elegant venue. Planning an elegant wedding, in a venue that feels luxurious and high-end? Your cake should feel the same as well. Over the top décor and ultra-simple cakes work equally well here – but if you want to surprise your guests, why not settle on a chocolate wedding cake covered in flowers that match your wedding décor? They will definitely love it – because, let’s face it, who doesn’t love chocolate cake?
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with the kind of setting that’s simply unforgettable. Our elegant venue and our perfectly manicured gardens are here to help you host the best wedding ever!
Planning a wedding has never been actually easy – especially when you want everything to be flawless. Of course, you should definitely dream up your wedding and think of the details that will make this event feel actually special for you – but before you do that, you should first learn to tackle some of the less fun, but definitely crucial elements.
Such as your guest list, for example. Frequently a source of stress for a lot of couples planning their wedding, the guest list can feel like a real chore. Therefore, it is very important to know how to approach the subject from the very beginning.
How to create the perfect guest list? Here are some tips:
- If your parents are involved in the wedding planning (and even more so, if they are involved financially), you should make your expectations clear from the very first day and talk to them if you don’t want them to invite too many of their own friends and relatives that aren’t very close to you. It might be an awkward discussion, but it is important to have it now, rather than face this issue later on in the planning process.
- Establish some ground rules as to who can and who cannot be included on the list. For instance, if you haven’t seen a person in more than two years, you might not want to invite them. If they are a co-worker you haven’t spent time out of office with, you might not want to invite them either. These are just examples – you set your own rules here, but whatever it is, you should both abide to the rules you discuss.
- Create a secondary list. If you want to make sure you will reach a certain number of guests, create two separate lists. If some of the people on the first list cannot attend the wedding, you can move on to the next list and send invitations to them. If you want to do this though, be sure the first round of invitations goes out sooner than normally, so that you have plenty of time to collect the RSVPs and send the second round of invitations.
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor right now and book our wedding venue if you want your Big Day to be more than beautiful – if you want it to be perfect!
Let’s face it: for most couples, the engagement doesn’t come as an actual 100% surprise. You may not know the time, the style of the ring, or even the place where your engagement might happen, but you do know that it’s coming.
Under these circumstances, it is perfectly fine to start planning the wedding before the engagement – because why not save some time and set some basics straight before the ring is on your finger?
Here are some of the wedding planning tasks you can definitely plan before the big YES.
- The wedding style. This can be a casual conversation on how your wedding should be like. Will it be a very elegant event, or maybe a very casual one? Maybe you even have an attire style in mind – for instance, you may have always pictured yourself wearing a long train, and he might have pictured himself wearing a very elegant tuxedo. These talks are more than fine to tackle before he even proposes, so don’t hesitate to do it.
- The size. Some people want small weddings because they are more intimate. Others, on the other hand, want everyone they know and love to be there for them on the Big Day. Both options are more than fine – and everything in between is excellent too. It is important to talk about this with your future spouse, though – it’s the kind of discussion that lies at the foundation of your wedding planning and which should happen as soon as possible (which is precisely why you can talk about it before you even get engaged).
- The date. You might not be able to set the actual wedding date yet (you need to book a wedding venue to make sure your date sticks first). However, you can broadly discuss when you want to get married. It could be just the season (if you’re keen on a particular season), or it could be a broad date around an event you both care about (your anniversary, one of your birthdays, and so on).
Got engaged? It’s time to search (and book!) your wedding venue now. Contact Stonebrook Manor if you are searching for an elegant wedding venue in Denver and we promise you will not be disappointed by the magical, romantic, truly beautiful space we have here. Contact us and you will never regret your choice!
All brides want to look stunning on their wedding day. And while the definition of “stunning” might differ from one bride to another, there are some things universally true when it comes to bridal beauty.
For instance, flawless, glowing skin is something all brides want, regardless of their wedding style, size, or location.
What are some of the best ways to make sure you achieve that? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- It all starts from within. Beautiful skin is related to the products you use on it – but it always starts from within. Namely, eating a balanced diet and keeping yourself hydrated can work actual miracles on your skin, no matter what type it may be. Your skin reflects what you put in your body on a daily basis –be good to your body and your skin will be good to you.
- You can get the most expensive cleansers in the world, but if you don’t exfoliate your skin to help it get rid of the all the dead cells and particles that gather in it throughout the day, it won’t have much effect. Our suggestion is for you to use a very good exfoliator (perhaps something based on glycolic acid or salicylic acid) – it can make the entire difference in the world.
- No matter what skin type you may have, moisturizing it is absolutely crucial. We’d suggest to splurge on a moisturizer of the highest quality – the better the formula is, the better it will penetrate the skin and moisturize it in depth.
- Use sunscreen. You may think that slight bronze you get on your skin when you stay out in the sun looks great – but it can damage your skin so much! Wearing sunscreen (or some sort of moisturizer or foundation that includes sunscreen in it) is absolutely crucial if you want to have beautiful skin.
- Get a professional treatment. A dermatologist or a cosmetologist can help you achieve the flawless skin of your dreams. Yes, it does cost more, but it will be worth every single penny!
Looking for the very best wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor right now and come take a look at the splendid gardens and the ultra-elegant ballroom venue we have prepared for you. We guarantee you will fall in love with it the very minute you see it!
There are a lot of things that make weddings unforgettable – and food is by far, one of the single most important ones (both from the point of view of the couple and from that of their guests).
Of course, food should be first and foremost delicious and not so much trendy. However, looking at wedding trends can inspire you to create a very special event – the kind people will not forget very soon.
What are some of the food trends that will dominate the wedding world
next year in 2019?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- More food trucks parked in front of wedding venues. Want to fuel your guests with a fun late night snack? Well, a food truck will give everyone a very festive vibe while allowing them to grab a snack that tastes amazing and foes straight to their souls. The food truck trend has been around for a couple of years already – and in 2019, it will attract even more people towards it!
- Hors d’oeuvres stations. People love DIY stations because they give them the opportunity to make their own food combinations. It’s food and entertainment rolled in one micro-event at your wedding – the kind people are bound to love.
- Mocktails, a lot of mocktails. Cocktails will never grow old at special events like weddings – but if you want to delight your non-alcoholic guests, mocktails are your best bet. Our advice is to serve at least one or two mocktails for the little ones and wedding guests who just want to stay sober. There are so many amazing mocktails you can make that you will surely find something to really suit your wedding style.
- Foods in bowls. This includes everything from fresh salads to Chinese noodles – the point is that in 2019, more and more couples will leave the fancy china on their shelves and opt for dishes that can be easily served (and eaten) in bowls. The great news? People just love these kinds of foods because there isn’t much fuss associated with eating these delicious dishes.
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who help you WOW your guests with the kind of wedding that’s perfect from head to finish. Contact us and we promise you will never regret it!
If you have decided to write your own wedding vows, you want to make them truly one of a kind. After all, these vows are the very foundation of your future marriage – so it makes all the sense in the world to actually put some work into creating wedding vows that are sweet, romantic, and deeply meaningful too.
What are some of the questions you should ask yourselves before you even start writing your wedding vows? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- What are some of the elements that make your love story truly special? Every relationship is unique in its own way – so bring that into your wedding vows. It may be the way you met, the way you were proposed to, or anything else that makes your love story stand out.
- What does your SO really, really need – what’s the one element of your relationship they couldn’t live without? Wedding vows are as much about the existing relationship as they are about building up on that. Bring into your wedding vows the element(s) you know that will make your partner happy. Promise them to make them laugh if you know they appreciate sense of humor more than anything. Promise them to be their support if you know they appreciate this more than anything. Promise them to be exactly what they need.
- What about you? What do you think you could do better? How about making this a vow to your future spouse and to yourself? What do you vow to become better at in your relationship? Bettering yourselves should be a quintessential element of your future marriage!
- How do you imagine your future? Some imagine a life of traveling and adventure. Others imagine growing old together and pushing the cart around the supermarket together. Paint a pretty picture of where you see yourselves 10, 20, and 50 years from now. Looking into the future will bring hope into your eyes and emotion into your wedding ceremony space – people will absolutely love it!
Looking for the perfect wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to be the ones who help you host the Big Day. Contact us and we guarantee both you and your wedding guests will surely love it under our roof – the elegance and the attention to detail will conquer you!