Weddings can be quite costly, and this is precisely why it is so important for you to plan your budget with a lot of attention to detail. Even so, there are still quite a lot of expenses that might elude you when you are just starting your wedding planning – and we have gathered some of the most important ones right below, so that you are fully prepared. Read on and find out more.
- The non-floral décor. The table linens, the cushions on the chairs, the lighting, the vases you will put the flowers in – they rarely come for free (some may be offered by the venue, but it’s definitely important to ask beforehand). Be sure you take these into account when planning your budget for the Big Day!
- Vendor meals. You don’t want to leave your day-of wedding vendors starving, so remember to add them to the final catering head count (and to your wedding budget plan as well).
- Wedding gown “pluses”. You may have thought of a price for your wedding dress – but aside from that, you should also consider the extras – such as the undergarments, the shoes, the accessories, and even altering the dress to suit your style and body. These elements can really push your dress budget over the top, so it is really important to be realistic from the very beginning.
- Overtime costs. Some of your wedding vendors will sign a contract for a very particular number of hours. Anything beyond that will be considered as “overtime” and it will be billed according to the contract. Read before you sign and include the potential overtime costs into your budget plan!
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Denver? We bet you will love Stonebrook Manor! Contact us today and come see what we offer!
The first days of January are always about change – that’s why New Year’s Resolutions were invented for, actually. Of course, aside from the “classics” (such as weight loss, better eating, reading more, and so on), you might want to add a couple of personal resolutions to the list. And you may want to make them about your relationship – particularly if you are engaged or newlywed and ready to start your life as a married couple.
What are some of the New Year’s relationship resolutions you might want to make? Read on to find out more.
- Enjoy each other’s presence more. You are with this amazing person who has offered their heart to you – that’s enough to make you wake up with a huge smile on your face every day, really. Spend more time with your loved one – whether it’s doing the grocery shopping or discovering a new place, time together is all about being thankful for having met each other.
- Communicate more. This is one of the quintessential ingredients to a happy, healthy relationship. Talking to each other about your likes and dislikes, about the stress at work, about the dreams you have for the future – now, that’s the glue that will keep you together decades from now as well.
- Surprise each other. It doesn’t have to be about really expensive things – sometimes, even the smallest gestures can move something in your loved one and put a smile on their face. A flower, a chocolate bar, waking them up with pancakes – it’s the sweet, small things that will make your lives even more beautiful together!
Freshly engaged? Looking for the best wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor if you need something elegant, unique, and truly versatile – you will not be disappointed!
Wedding trends will always come and go – but that doesn’t mean you have to let go of the 2017 trends as soon as January 1st comes. Actually, a lot of the trends we’ve seen this year will be quite huge next year as well – so you can surely incorporate them into your Big Day.
What are some of the most beautiful 2017 wedding ideas to inspire you? Read on and find out more.
- Floral-decorated swings. Want to create a beautiful, whimsical spot at your wedding where guests will actually want to take pictures? If you are planning an outdoor event, decorate two pretty swings with flowers that match the natural surroundings and/or your wedding flower arrangements. It will look absolutely lovely!
- Bare tables. Choosing the right table linens is giving you a headache? How about focusing on nice, polished tables and covering them with just a table runner? This is perfect for just about any type of wedding – that table runner can really add style and detail even to the simplest table!
- Floral hoops for the sweethearts table. Want to make your sweethearts table pop with beauty, elegance, and uniqueness? Decorate the ceiling above it with floral hoop wreaths. They will add so much to your décor, even if everything else is simple!
- Glamorous rustic cake. If you want your cake to steal your guests’ hearts as soon as they see it, focus on a golden buttercream frosted cake, decorated with fresh flowers and placed on a rustic log. The combination will look so special and beautiful!
Looking for the very best wedding venue in Denver? Our manicured gardens and our utterly elegant wedding venue are waiting for you, right here, at Stonebrook Manor!
Your bridesmaids deserve all of your appreciation! Not only are they your very best friends and/or closest relatives, but they are also absolutely amazing at providing a bride with the support she needs when planning the biggest day of her life.
Have you picked a really nice gift for your bridesmaids? If you are still searching, be sure to check out our suggestions below and inspire yourself:
- A hair curler or hair straightener. We’re not talking the kind they can buy at the supermarket – but something high-end you know they will definitely appreciate. You have a lot of options here, so if your budget allows for it, don’t hesitate to consider this option.
- Personalized champagne (or wine). If you know your bridesmaids love a good glass of wine or champagne, invest in something really high-quality and have it personalized for each bridesmaid. Write something heartfelt and sweet on each of the labels – it will surely bring a smile on your friends’ faces.
- Designer phone case. You know your friends are obsessed with their phones? Buy designer phone cases for all of your bridesmaids – this is something that will definitely surprise them in a pleasant way!
- Meaningful bracelet. Bangle bracelets are very trendy right now, so why not offer your bridesmaids some of these? Have them inscribed with a personal message and you will make this gift feel both stylish and heartfelt – perfect combination for this occasion!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Denver? Stonebrook Manor is here, so come check us out as soon as possible! The stunning, manicured gardens, the luxurious and elegant interiors – they can all be yours for the Big Day, so contact us as soon as possible and let’s schedule an appointment! We guarantee you will LOVE it here!
Your bridal attire is one of the most important elements of the entire Big Day – so it is perfectly natural to think twice before choosing any of the pieces. From the bobby pins in your hair to the undergarments, everything can make a huge difference for how you will feel on the Big Day.
What type of coat can you wear as a bride? We have some suggestions for you – so read on if you want to find out more about this and “steal” some inspiring ideas for the Big Day.
• A (faux) fur capelet. Capes and capelets are more than trendy right now – and truth be told, you have so many reasons to love them and the way they can make you feel super-elegant in the blink of an eye! Wear a quality faux fur capelet on top of your dress if you want to feel like a real-life Disney princess!
• A (faux) fur coat. Want to be really, really glamorous on your Big Day? There’s nothing classier or more timeless than a well-made (faux) fur coat. Take inspiration from the Golden Age Hollywood actresses and wear your coat with a huge smile on your face!
• A leather jacket. If you’re the kind of bride who likes being really unique and non-traditional, a leather jacket is what you need. Wear it in black for a modern princess look, or in any other color (including white) if you want something bolder and more special.
Denver bride? We bet you’re searching for the very best wedding venue in the area – and if that’s the case, you should definitely come and see what Stonebrook Manor has to offer. Our stunning manicured gardens and the elegant interiors are here to make your Big Day a truly delightful and unforgettable experience!
Your wedding day is bound to be one of the most glamorous and unforgettable events of your entire life – and that’s how it should be, given the uniqueness of the moment.
What happens if rain decides to pour down on your wedding day?
Well, you should definitely not allow it to ruin the magic – and here’s how you can do this:
• Make sure you have a plan B – particularly if you want an outdoor wedding. It doesn’t matter what season it is – rain can always decide to pour down unannounced. So, if you are aiming for an outdoor wedding, always make sure there’s an indoor option available, or that you can pop up a pretty wedding tent to cover you and your guests during the rain.
• Make sure YOU are prepared. We know a bunch of accessories won’t make the rain go away – but they can still make this day a thousand times better. A pretty jacket, a feminine umbrella, a pair of fun rubber boots – these are elements you absolutely have to gear up with if you want to make sure rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.
• Make sure you DO shoot the pictures. You may think a rainy day’s the last background you want for your wedding pictures – but with the right photographer, they can really turn into works of art! A rainy wedding photo shooting will add splendor, beauty and uniqueness to your entire album!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Denver? Make sure you contact Stonebrook Manor and come see what we have in store for you. Our manicured gardens and our elegant wedding venue will win your heart the very first minute you set your foot here – so you will definitely not regret booking us!
Wedding food trends are not to be followed blindly – they’re there to guide you through the decisional process and help you settle on wedding food that’s uniquely beautiful and extremely tasteful at the same time.
On that note, what are some of the most popular food trends couples should know when planning their wedding menu? We’ve gathered the essential tips for you – so read on and find out more.
• Black menu. You don’t have to dip your wedding food in black dye to obtain a fabulous, elegant, and unique look for your wedding menu plates. There are so many naturally dark foods you can beautifully incorporate into your Big Day! From black rice to blueberries, these “black” foods will create an amazing effect – and they will taste equally amazing too.
• Green menu. Herbs and greenery are another big trend in the wedding catering world. With people turning towards seasonal and local foods, this comes as a natural consequence. If you want to surprise your guests with a main dish that’s healthy, inexpensive, and truly delicious, focus on greens – you won’t regret it!
• Unique dessert. Gone are the days of white tiered wedding cakes. A drip cake is much more suitable for a 2018 wedding – it looks modern, elegant, and absolutely irresistible at the same time. And if you want to serve your guests with a dessert they’re sure to remember, consider choux-nuts. In between choux pastry and doughnuts, filled with fancy sweets (such as rose and pistachio), these sweet treats will be the highlight of the entire wedding menu!
Looking for a wedding venue in Denver? For something utterly elegant and truly versatile? You MUST check out Stonebrook Manor and everything we can offer. Book us and both you and your guests will have the time of your lives under our roof!
If you are considering popping the big question, you will definitely want to make sure every single element of this huge life event is perfect. Yes, that includes the ring as well.
What are some classy two-stone engagement ring ideas she will definitely love? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
• Double diamonds…double beauty. There’s nothing more popular in the engagement ring world, other than diamonds themselves. Precious, delicate, powerful and really elegant, diamonds can never be enough – so don’t be afraid to settle on a ring that includes not one, but two of them.
• A bit of color will be welcomed. Is she a woman that always goes against convention and tradition? Is she very passionate about uniqueness? She will absolutely adore an engagement ring that incorporates a diamond and a gemstone (e.g. sapphire), or, why not, a ring that incorporates two of her favorite stones. They look lovely and they are absolutely charming!
• The design can differ, of course. Some of the two-stone engagement rings place the two stones right next to each other. But other rings place them in unique ways – such as swirling, or part of an ensemble of smaller stones. Of course, all of these designs suit particular types of women – so, to make sure she will really love it, we suggest that you analyze her fashion style and see which ring suits her best.
Has she said YES? Are you looking for a wedding venue in Denver already? Contact Stonebrook Manor and allow us to host the most important day of your entire life – we’re here to make sure you feel really happy on this special occasion! Book our venue in Denver and you will never regret having chosen us!
You really don’t have to plan an evening wedding if that’s not your thing. Daytime weddings can be just as fun and memorable as nighttime events – so why not plan your Big Day a bit earlier than most couples do?
Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect daytime wedding:
• Set your alarm clock at 6 am. Most daytime wedding ceremonies take place at around 11 am – so this means you will need a few hours to wake up, get ready, and get to the wedding ceremony site. Since cocktail hours are skipped in these situations, your wedding reception will most likely be over by 4 pm. The great news about this? You can spend the entire remainder of the day with your loved one, take a nap, go to the hotel spa, and simply relax. You deserve this!
• Serve a light plated luncheon or a brunch buffet, as you please. Both options are delicious and they will definitely satisfy the guests. Of course, you can serve drinks as well (but it is fairly correct to assume people won’t drink as much during the day as they would during an evening event). And yes, dancing and fun activities can be incorporated in a daytime wedding too!
• Your daytime wedding can be as casual or as formal as you want – but keep in mind that a daytime formal attire is not as fancy as an evening one. You can still wear a luxurious wedding dress, though!
Looking for the best and most beautiful wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor right now! Our stunning manicured gardens, our elegant wedding venue, and our impeccable service are all here to make sure your Big Day is nothing less than flawless and unforgettable!
Your wedding cake design is really important because your wedding dessert is more like a décor centerpiece than a part of the wedding menu. Naturally, you will want this cake to look truly great – and coordinating with your wedding theme is very important when it comes to this.
How do you do it? Here are some ideas to help you pick the perfect wedding cake design:
• Fall-themed wedding. If you plan on having a luxurious fall wedding, opt for a cake dripping in gold. It looks classier than the all-too-common white cake covered in fondant yellow leaves, and it can be far more versatile than that as well. This is a simple, elegant design that will attract everyone’s appreciation!
• Wood-themed wedding. Planning a wedding in a wooden area? The perfect cake design is one that’s inspired by the very location of your Big Day, then! How about a chocolate wedding cake covered in lady fingers that imitate wooden logs? Guests will definitely line up for this one!
• Romantic wedding. Want to keep it old-school romantic at your wedding? A white tiered cake is precisely what you need. If you want to add something sweet and touchy to the cake’s design, ask your pastry chef to add a buttercream heart drawn on the side of the cake, somewhere halfway between the top tier and the bottom one. Adorable!
• Boho wedding. Buttercream cakes and boho-chic weddings work marvelously together! When you add greenery as décor for a simple cake, you will instantly add that natural, almost hippy vibe to it. Great idea for a couple who wants to keep it casual and stylish at the same time!
Have you found the right wedding venue in Denver? If not, be sure to contact Stonebrook Manor as soon as possible – our venue is downright charming, and you will definitely love it too!