Nobody attends weddings just for the sake of eating good food – but your menu can have a huge influence when it comes to how great your guests will feel at your wedding. And if you want everyone to really enjoy the food you serve them you will really have to make sure you learn how to avoid food allergy at a buffet-style reception. Here are some of the most important tips when it comes to this:
- Buffet-style dinners are the best option if you want to make sure none of your guests will suffer an allergic reaction to the food you serve. Because they will eat whatever they want from the buffet, they can also choose what foods not to put in their plates.
- Even so, it is important that you inform your guests on the ingredients contained by the dishes on the table. Leaving notes with what each dish contains is a great way to be absolutely certain that your guests will avoid the foods they are allergic to.
- To make it even easier for your guests to choose the foods they can eat, you can organize “stations” that group dishes according to the ingredients they don’t This way, having a “nut-free”, “seafood-free”, “lactose-free” and “gluten-free” station will be a great idea, especially since these are some of the most widespread ingredients people are allergic to.
- It is also crucial that you make sure none of the dishes get “contaminated” with allergens from other types of foods. To avoid this from happening, remember to talk to your caterer about the way they handle the foods. Also, avoid placing “allergenic” foods very close to the “non-allergenic” ones.
Regardless of what type of menu you choose for the Big Day, rest assured that the catering services offered by Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens will be absolutely flawless! Come visit our venue, take a look at our catering options and we guarantee your wedding day will be perfect from all points of view!
Wedding etiquette is still very important for most of the brides and grooms out there. However, all the rules surrounding what is “acceptable” and “not acceptable” at a wedding can also be very confusing as well. For example, should you have a receiving line at your wedding? We have gathered some important tips of advice – so make sure to read on if you want to find out more.
- Having a receiving line is actually more than “proper etiquette”. It is practical too! You may feel that you are spending tons of time by greeting your guests in a receiving line, but imagine how things would go if you had to greet each of them throughout the wedding reception. Most likely, it would take much more time than you expect it and you would end up spending your entire wedding greeting guests as you meet them (and searching for those you haven’t had a chance to greet too!).
- It is not absolutely mandatory to have a receiving line, though – especially if you either don’t have many guests (under 50) or if you have more than 100-150 guests. Also, if your family situation is complicated (such as divorced parents), you may want to avoid having a receiving line because it may cause people to feel uncomfortable.
- In the end, this is your decision – this is your wedding and you should be happy with how things are going! However, please make sure you weigh in both the advantages of having a receiving line and its disadvantages before you decide on anything.
Stonebrook Manor is one of Denver’s Elite wedding venues – and we guarantee you will absolutely love what we have to offer. Come, take a look, book us and we will make sure your wedding turns out unforgettable!
Weddings are absolutely amazing regardless of who is getting married. No matter what you and your future spouse’s gender, nationality, ethnicity or culture may be, the very fact that love brought you together is enough reason to celebrate.
Planning a multicultural wedding that everyone will enjoy can be a challenge though – maybe even more so than a more “traditional” wedding. Yet, with enough attention to detail and dedication, it can be done – and it will be truly unforgettable!
How to do it? How to plan a multicultural wedding that everyone will love? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Educate your families about each other’s cultures. This way, they will understand better why you want to include certain traditions in your weddings – and why you might want to skip others. Also, don’t forget to include some details in the ceremony programs as well – especially if you plan on including customs most of the guests may not be completely familiar with.
- Talk to your officiant(s). Depending on what cultures you come from, you might need to book two officiants (and maybe even two completely different ceremony locations). Make sure you talk to your religious sites and see what options suits you best.
- Don’t forget to bring elements from both of your cultures into your Big Day! Everything, from the food to the décor and from the drinks to what you wear can be influenced by the cultures you come from. Bring all of your favorite elements together in a harmonious way and your wedding will be 100% unique!
Here at Stonebrook Manor, we are in love with weddings in all their forms – and our main goal is making sure all brides and grooms who come to us are fully happy with how their Big Day turned out. Come visit our beautiful Denver wedding venue, book us for your wedding date and you will definitely not regret having chosen us!
Few moments are as emotional and touchy as the moment you walk down the aisle and make the first step towards a whole new life – that of being a married woman. Considering the importance of this moment, you will surely want the most important people in your life to be there for you.
But what should you do if you want both of your divorced parents to walk you down the aisle? We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on if you want to find out more.
- It is more than likely that your parents will want to keep you happy. After all, you are their baby daughter and this is your Big Day – so they will be more than willing to do anything to make sure you are happy on your wedding day.
- Make sure you give them enough time to think of this, though. Discuss things with them and emphasize how important it is for you that both of them walk you down the aisle. As long as they have enough time to think things through and get used to the idea, they will probably be more than OK with your idea.
- If your parents cannot stand being close to one another, be prepared to face a “no” as well. Reiterate how important this would be for you, but don’t insist. After all, you want them to be happy too, right?
Stonebrook Manor is a gorgeous wedding venue in Denver that could make for the perfect wedding day. Come visit us, take a look around and you will be enchanted by the elegance, uniqueness and stylishness of the wedding venue we have in store for you and your Big Day!
Photo Credit – Flickr /Anita Chevalier
Your wedding is such a special moment in your life that you will want everyone you care about to be there for you – and this includes both people and pets as well. If you have decided to have your dog be your ring bearer, you should first make sure to train him well for the task.
How to keep your dog ring bearer from running away with your rings, though? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure your pup is properly worked out before the wedding. Assign one of the groomsmen or bridesmaids to take the dog out and to run around with him a bit, but please make sure this is a person he is well-acquainted with. Otherwise, he may get nervous.
- Furthermore, make sure you don’t leave the rings into your friend’s “paws” before the ceremony. Preferably, you should have someone “hand down” the rings right before the moment the pup has to walk down the aisle.
- It is very important that you choose a pouch or a wedding ring box your pup will not be able to “play” with and which doesn’t have any holes in it. Also, it is very important that you rehearse the “walking down the aisle” moment with your dog, so that you can be 100% certain everything is in order and that your puppy knows what he should do at your wedding.
Versatile, elegant and gracious, Stonebrook Manor is a Denver wedding venue that will make for the perfect choice for your Big Day. Come visit us in person, take a look around and see for yourself how gorgeous our gardens are and how stylish our venue is! Book us for the most beautiful day of your life and you will not regret having made this choice!
Photo source: web.archive.org/web/20160617134022/https://www.flickr.com/photos/rsmith4321/flickr.com / Ryan G. Smith
Your wedding is a truly unique moment in your life – and thus, you will want it to be unforgettable. For some of you, this may mean throwing a 3-day wedding – which is, indeed, a truly spectacular way to celebrate your union.
How to throw a weekend long wedding, though? How to throw a party that truly lasts as the fairy tales describe? We have gathered some of the most important tips to keep in mind, so read on if you want to find out more.
- Wedding weekends are really fun when the number of guests is not very large and when they can all stay at the same hotel or camping resort. This way, you will all be close to each other and you will be able to actually enjoy each other’s company.
- If you want to throw a weekend long wedding, make sure you sprinkle it with fun activities. Usually, it is customary that you serve your guests a dinner on Friday, a breakfast on Saturday, a wedding dinner on Saturday and another breakfast on Sunday. Also, you should make sure to entertain your guests with a little fun activity before the Saturday ceremony as well.
- Of course, you don’t have to entertain your guests every single minute of this weekend. After all, they are all adults and they can take care of themselves. However, ensuring they have all the means to feel really great throughout the entire weekend will be one of your most important tasks.
Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens is a gorgeous wedding venue – so if you are searching for a truly elegant location for your Big Day, we would be more than happy to be part of your love story. Come visit us in person, take a look around and book us for moments that will be absolutely magical!
Planning a wedding takes patience and attention to detail – and it also takes knowing exactly what to prioritize on your to-do list as well. For instance, choosing a location for the Big Day is one of the first and most important tasks to take care of – and one of the most difficult ones too, especially if you did not have something very clear in mind.
What are the things to consider when choosing a wedding location? We have gathered some helpful tips – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Do you want it to be around a particular type of attraction? For instance, if you have always dreamed of having a beach wedding, your location will naturally have to be close to the ocean. On the other hand, if you are open to other types of “landscapes”, there are many other options to consider – so make sure you do this.
- Do you want it to be close to you, your parents, his parents and/or other guests? If you want to have a destination wedding, remember that there may be guests who find it difficult to reach it. Also, keep in mind that the farther away you are from your parents’ and guests’ home states, the more difficult all the logistics will be.
- What type of wedding venue are you searching for, actually? Do you want something extremely formal? Or would you much rather settle on something elegant, but still on the “rather informal” side? Think well of these things because they will help you narrow down the list of options.
If you are searching for a truly elegant wedding venue in Denver, come visit Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens. With our preferred vendors on your side and with our venue to host the Big Day, nothing could go wrong! Come visit us in person and see for yourself what a wonderful option we are!
Considering how common they are at weddings, cakes are frequently considered to be an absolute “must-have”. Is a wedding cake a must, though? Do you really have to have a multi-tiered, traditional wedding cake?
Here are some of the things you should keep in mind when it comes to this:
- In short, no, you don’t have to have a cake at your wedding. In fact, you don’t have to have anything – you don’t have to wear a white dress, you don’t have to toss the bouquet and you don’t have to walk down the aisle on “Here Comes the Bride”. You can do these things if they make you feel happy – but other than that, you don’t have to have anything you don’t want at your wedding.
- There are a lot of wedding cake alternatives available out there. One of them is having a naked cake instead of the frosted one. These cakes are very in right now and they look (and taste!) absolutely fabulous. If you want to avoid being too traditional about the cake, but if you still want your slice of dessert, a naked cake will be more than adequate.
- Aside from naked cakes, there’s a myriad of other dessert options available for you. Cake pops, cupcakes, candy bars, cookies, pies – you name it and you can definitely incorporate it into your wedding, especially if you use your creativity so that it fits into the wedding theme and style.
Here at Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens, we love weddings regardless of what dessert is served – and we always go above and beyond to make sure our brides and grooms are truly happy with our services. So, if you are searching for an elegant wedding venue in Denver, don’t forget to stop by and take a look at what we offer!
Love is never as easy as they show it in the movies. However, with all its ups and downs, true love is worth all the effort. After all, love is the human emotion that has made humanity go on for thousands and thousands of years.
What are the best signs you’re in the right relationship, though? We have gathered 5 of the most important ones – so read on if you want to find out more:
- You have fun together. Relationships may not be all about fun – but feeling great together is definitely important for both of you. When you’re in the right relationship, “fun” can be anything from binge-watching your favorite TV show to traveling and exploring the world.
- You are great together, but you have your own identity as well. Just because you are together, it doesn’t mean you have to be 100% alike. You have your own personalities, life goals and friends – but when you come together, you perfectly complement each other.
- You fight, but you learn something from your fights too. Now, let’s be honest: there’s no relationship without fights. However, the important thing is to know how to do this in a productive way and to know what conclusions are to be drawn from a fight.
- You communicate. You must have heard this a million times before, but it’s true: communication is at the very foundation of every healthy, successful relationship. When you’re with the right person, you can communicate just as effectively about mundane things as you do about big plans for the future.
- You get along in bed. Sex may not be the single most important thing about a relationship, but it’s definitely a big part of it. If the two of you get along in bed, it’s much more likely that you’ll get along in every other area of your life as well.
If you feel that the Big Question is right around the corner or if the engagement is already on, make sure you think of a wedding venue that truly reflects who you are as a couple. Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens is a gorgeous venue in Devner that will provide you with a stunning, elegant setting for the Big Day – so come check us out and book us for an unforgettable wedding!
Halloween and weddings – now, that’s a combination not many would have said “Yes” to just a few decades ago. And yet, Halloween weddings are increasingly popular today – and honestly, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t love them too. Unique, exquisite, quirky and whimsical, Halloween weddings are full of personality and originality – and this is precisely what makes so many couples settle for the idea.
What are the best rustic Halloween wedding ideas out there, though? Read here and find out more:
- Pumpkins and wild flowers. Not many people associate fall with flowers – but the truth is that there are a lot of seasonal flowers that are absolutely gorgeous. Bring them together with pumpkins in floral arrangements that are unique and full of color and your guests will be delighted with the explosion of warmth and originality.
- Pumpkin aisle. If you want to walk down the aisle in rustic style, don’t rule out the option of using pumpkin lanterns as your décor. Combine with fallen leaves, these wonderful handmade creations will add a personal touch to your big “I Do” and they will enlighten everyone in a unique, romantic way.
- Pumpkin and apple pies. Halloween flavors will always be associated with childhood – so why wouldn’t you delight your guests with them too? Serve a variety of pumpkin and apple pies instead of the already-traditional candy bar (or even instead of the traditional tiered cake) and your wedding guests will be madly in love with your idea!
Here at Stonebrook Manor Event Center Gardens, we want you to have the most marvelous, unforgettable wedding there has ever been! Come visit our Denver wedding venue in person and you will be charmed with our elegance, grace and uniqueness – there’s simply no way not to love what we can offer for your Big Day!