Your mother is so, so important to you – so it is natural that you want to make her very happy on your wedding day. Of course, she already plays the most important role of all – being the mother of the bride herself – but you might also want to assign her an extra-role to put her in the spotlight as well.
What are some of the wedding roles that will definitely make your mom feel really proud? We have 3 ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
• Have her walk you down the aisle too. In Christian tradition, the father of the bride is the one who walks her down the aisle. However, in the Jewish tradition, both the mother and the father of the bride play this role. Why not bring this custom into your own wedding too? It will make your mother feel immensely happy!
• Does she have a family recipe for cookies, muffins, or any other sweet treat? Ask her to cook it for your wedding and serve it to your guests. We guarantee they will all be delighted with the treats – not to mention how proud your mom will feel!
• If you got really tired of the old bouquet toss, skip the tradition and offer it to your mom instead. You will make your wedding more unique this way, but more importantly, you will make your mother feel absolutely amazing for having brought up such a wonderful young lady.
Haven’t found the right Denver wedding venue yet? Contact Stonebrook Manor and come visit our beautiful wedding venue. Elegant, unique, and truly special, our Fort Worth venue is here to make you feel like the true Queen and King of your own wedding day. Give us a call right now and let’s talk about your Big Day!
OK, we can definitely understand why you need to stick to a very clear (and potentially narrow) budget. That’s completely natural – most brides cannot afford breaking the bank for just one day of celebration.
Even so, there are certain wedding elements you should definitely invest in, even when planning a budget-savvy Big Day. What are they? Read on and find out more.
• Late night snacks. Regardless of whether you choose to fuel your guests’ dancing mood with high-end hors d’oeuvres or if you simply bring in the most delicious pizza in town, late night snacks are always welcomed. Make your guests feel really well-treated by providing them with a quality snack – the kind they will not be able to say “no” to!
• Lighting. It doesn’t matter if you are having a barn wedding, an elegant wedding, or an outdoor one: lighting is a complete game-changer. Even a plain white-painted room can be instantly lifted with the help of lighting – so can you even think of how gorgeous it will look in an actual venue?
• Welcome bags. Your guests deserve to be treated royally – so offer them welcome bags that contain high-quality products. From local wines to homemade jams and cosmetics made from natural ingredients, there’s a myriad of options you can choose from. Be wise and invest your money in excellent products!
• Ceremony décor. You don’t say “I Do” every day, so make this really unforgettable with a décor that screams opulence, beauty, and elegance. Go wild with the flowers, go big with the arrangements, and let your creativity roam free – that is how stunning ceremonies are created!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Denver? We have everything you need here: elegance, a carefully-manicured garden, and a lot of love for couples getting married. Contact Stonebrook Manor today and you’ll never regret it!
Wedding invitations go beyond simple pieces of paper and/or cardboard. They a glimpse into your wedding day and a beautiful way to show people you really want them to be there for you, celebrating this gorgeous event in your life.
Of course, you will be very careful with the way you design your wedding invitations – but you should also be very careful with the way you mail them. How do you make sure your wedding invitations get perfectly mailed? Here are 3 tips to keep in mind:
- We know you love those tissue paper inserts and the elegant way they complement the wedding invitation suite. But did you know their purpose goes beyond aesthetics too? These tissue paper inserts can save your invitations from smudging (and even more so when you use dark ink on the invitations) – so make sure to invest a bit of extra money in adding them to every envelope!
- Dropping the envelopes in the mailbox won’t cut it. There’s a good chance they’ll reach the guests in one piece – but it’s always safer to go inside the post office and have the envelopes mailed from there. Also, remember to ask the clerk to hand-cancel the invitations (as opposed to passing them through an automatic filter). This will also help you avoid any accidents, so that your wedding invitations remain pretty and elegant, as they were designed.
- Last, but not least, avoid licking the envelope adhesive and use a stronger glue instead. This will help you ensure the envelopes stay stuck until they reach their destination. Even more, it will help you avoid paper cuts and the nasty taste of the envelope adhesive.
Looking for the most splendid and elegant wedding venue in Denver? Come visit Stonebrook Manor and we will make sure to amaze you with a venue that looks superb, both on the inside and on the outside!
Three-day weekends are amazing, really. After all, who doesn’t like having one extra-day of weekend, especially given how tired and stressed out we all are?
Are three-day weekends a good idea for a wedding date, though?
Well, the answer may depend on a lot of factors. We have gathered some tips to help you make the right decision, so read on if you want to learn more about this.
• There are a number of reasons to consider holiday weekends a bad idea for your Big Day. The first one (and the most frequently called out) is connected to your guests. Because everyone’s having an extra-day off, it is quite likely that they will make plans (to stay at home and relax, to travel, or to spend time with their families). Therefore, they might not give you a positive RSVP.
• At the same time, three-day weekends are great for those of you want to celebrate for three whole days (just like in the fairytales). Plus, they’re an even more amazing choice when you are genuinely in love with the holiday itself and want to infuse your Big Day with it (e.g. 4th of July motifs for patriotic couples, for example).
• If your heart is totally set on a holiday weekend, be sure to plan everything long in advance. The closet your calendar gets to the holiday weekend, the less like it is you will find the right venue and vendors. Also, be absolutely certain your Save the Date cards are sent long before the wedding date, so that guests can plan according to it.
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue surrounded by flawless flowers and awe-inspiring elegance? Contact Stonebrook Manor and come see us. Book us and we guarantee both your guests and you will have a genuinely good time!
You want your wedding dress to be totally unique – and while you might not want to go all the way and wear a colored, or even a black wedding gown, the truth is that you have a lot of options that lie at the borderline between tradition and contemporaneity.
Take star patterned wedding dresses, for example. Beautiful, playful and torn out fairy tales, these dresses can make any bride feel like a real-life princess. Here are some of the most inspiring types of designs to look into:
- A short one. Who said you have to wear a long wedding dress? It’s summer, weather is nice, and it’s 2017 – so if a short skirt is what you want for your Big Day, you should be more than free to wear it. We suggest a ruffled dress with intertwined star patterned bits. It will look so childishly graceful on you!
- A super-long one. Want to be a bit more traditional? Opt for a super-long dress with long sleeves. The best ones are made from airy fabrics (such as organza or veil), and they come in a multitude of shades – from pure white to creamy champagne. Wear yours with star appliques for a dash of luxury, beauty, and…magic.
- A bridal cape. Not sure about wearing a dress that’s fully star patterned? No worries! If you plan on having your Big Day later this summer or even during the early Fall, wearing a thin veil cape is more than suitable. Get yours with a star patterned design if you want to look really chic and pretty!
Looking for an elegant, unique, and truly beautiful wedding venue in Denver? Come visit Stonebrook Manor and see what we can offer. You will be bewitched by our superbly manicured gardens and opulent interiors!
It may seem that the wedding dress has been around since the first two people who got married – but the truth may be more surprising than you think…
Are you interested in finding out more about the history of the white wedding dress? Read on!
• Shockingly enough, the white wedding dress was an actually daring and unconventional move made by Queen Victoria about two centuries ago. Before her, most wedding dresses were colorful and very ornate – but she chose to make a statement of simplicity, purity, and innocence by wearing a white dress.
• Slowly, the white dress started to be adopted around the Western Hemisphere as the number one (and frequently the only) choice there was. These days, most brides choose to wear white on their wedding day, even if it is not compulsory anymore.
• There are a lot of reasons that push brides into picking the white wedding dress over any other color. One of the most common reasons is connected to being traditional and conventional on a very formal day of your life.
• Other reasons include the symbolism of the color itself. In the beginning, the white wedding dress was associated with the purity of the bride, but these days most people associate it with the purity of love itself.
• Last, but definitely not least, white is a truly stunning choice for a happy woman who walks down the aisle, ready to spell out the two most important words ever: I Do.
Looking for a very elegant wedding venue in Denver? Contact Stonebrook Manor and come visit us as soon as possible! Our uniquely classy venue, the carefully manicured gardens, and everything we have are here for you, to help you have a truly fantastic wedding dat. Contact us today and come see for yourself!
Your wedding dress is more than just a clothing item – it is a statement. It pertains to you and it mirrors your own style, your wedding style, and your personality. It is part of your love story just as much as the wedding dance song is.
Therefore, it is only understandable that you want to choose a wedding gown that truly suits you from all points of view. For instance, do you know the best wedding dress designs for weddings inspired by fairy tales? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Long sleeves. You may not think of long sleeves to be a wedding-appropriate element – but truth be told, they can look absolutely breathtaking. Intricate and beautiful long sleeves add simple elegance and beauty even to the simplest wedding dress design. Plus, they are perfect for chillier areas and seasons too!
- Plunging backline. A dress with a plunging back is daring by definition – so if you want to look like a modern princess who makes a real fashion statement as she walks down the aisle, this is the design to settle for. You will look absolutely magnificent wearing it!
- Illusion neckline. Unofficially, this is the kind of dress the most famous real-life, modern princesses have worn at their own weddings: Grace Kelly, Princess Diana, Kate Middleton, and so on. If you want to invoke the same fairy tale, royal vibe, the illusion neckline wedding gown will help you create a truly magical effect.
Looking for a spectacular wedding venue in Denver? You MUST see what Stonebrook Manor has to offer! Surrounded by carefully manicured gardens and decorated with the highest attention to detail, our wedding venue is perfect for couples who want their wedding to be more than unforgettable. Contact us today!
There seems to be a million things to do when planning the Big Day – and truth be told, no aspect of this entire process can be seen as “easy”. However, there are certain parts that are generally considered to be more difficult than others – and it is highly important that you are ready to face whatever comes your way.
What are the hardest elements to handle when planning the Big Day? Here are some tips for you to keep in mind:
- Treat your parents with politeness and diplomacy. Chances are that they will want to actively participate in the wedding planning process (especially if they’re financially involved as well). However, if you talk to them and tell them your reasons for doing or not doing a particular thing, they will be more than understanding.
- Treat your money matters with a LOT of attention to detail. Every dollar matters, especially with the high prices of weddings these days. Plan with your fiancé, discuss the elements that truly matter to each of you, and establish a very clear budget for each of the major wedding elements. Yes, you can definitely have your dream wedding on a lower budget – but it takes patience and dedication to pull this off!
- Treat your wedding seating chart with plenty of sensibility. For example, it is highly recommended that you don’t seat divorcees next to each other, no matter how complicated this may seem. Bring together people who already know and like each other (or at least people you strongly believe would get along with each other).
Are you on the lookout for a splendid wedding venue in Denver? Come visit Stonebrook Manor and allow yourself to be charmed by the beauty, warmth, and elegance of the place we have prepared for you!
Wedding etiquette can be quite confusing at times, especially since the rules have changed a lot in the past few years – and it can be difficult to understand which of the old-school “laws” are still followed.
For instance, what do you know about your flower girl and her age? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Your flower girl can be whoever you want to – the daughter of a friend, a cousin, a young sister who couldn’t be a bridesmaid because of her age, and so on. Moreover, boys can play the “flower boy” role too (same as girls can be ring bearers as well).
- Moreover, you can choose to skip this tradition altogether. It is not mandatory to have a flower girl and not even a ring bearer. It’s all up to you and to the type of wedding you want to create for your love story.
- As for the age itself, there’s literally no limit. From toddlers to grandmothers, your flower girl can be anyone. Again, this is the kind of element where you set the rules – you can have a very young flower girl that spreads joy with her adorable ways, or a dear grandmother who plays the flower “girl” role in a way that’s filled with beauty, humor, and elegance.
- Remember, though: if you want to have a very young flower girl, you should collaborate with her parents and prepare her for the Big Day and for the role she has to play!
Haven’t found the right venue in Denver yet? You haven’t seen Stonebrook Manor, it means! Beautifully embraced by flowers and nature, but elegant and sophisticated at the same time, our venue is here to help you make sure your Big Day is hugely gorgeous indeed!
You don’t get married every day – so it is more than understandable why you need to make sure your wedding pictures perfectly capture the beauty, the emotion, and the uniqueness of your wedding day.
How to do this, though? What are the most important things to remember when planning your wedding photos? We have some tips of advice for you – read on and find out more.
• Hire two photographers. No matter how amazing and talented someone may be, they cannot be everywhere. One photographer is great – but two photographer is absolutely excellent, as they will manage to cover the entire wedding and capture all those small, magical moments.
• Don’t be afraid to really take your time that morning. You need to look flawless, so it is more than OK to take your time with the preparation. Just make sure to plan it as such on the day-of schedule. Also, if you want your hair and makeup to look amazing (and last for the entire day), it is more than recommended that you hire pros for this. It will cost you more, but it will be worth every penny!
• Don’t forget to have fun – and sprinkle the photo album with a few sentimental pictures too. For instance, you could have a post-wedding fun photo shooting, or you could have a First Look photo shoot with your father. These ideas will add diversity and “texture” to your entire wedding album, making it more unique.
Are you still on the lookout for the ideal wedding venue in Denver? We have what you need: a venue surrounded by splendid gardens and designed in perfect elegance, so that you can have your dream wedding right here, under our roof. Contact Stonebrook Manor and book us for the most magical day of your life!